Cost of Hiring our Electricians
- Residential Electricians, our minimum charge is $150 (+ GST) including the first hour, then $85/hour (+ GST), plus materials
- Industrial Electricians, $79/hour labour + $35/hour vehicle & tools charge (+GST), plus materials
- Commercial Electricians, $79/hour labour + $35/hour vehicle & tools charge (+GST), plus materials
- Emergency 24/7 electricians, our minimum Emergency call-out charge is $385 (+ GST) (including the first three hours of work).
- Apprentice electricians, $65/hour labour (+ GST) are sent out during installation jobs to help as it makes the work much faster when they assist in pulling cables, helping with tools and testing. Please let us know if you do not want an apprentice to assist the electrician or if you receive an invoice and you are unhappy about this. Email us so we can look into this for you.
- Electrical Certificate of Compliances (COCs) & Electrical Safety Certificate (ESCs) are $35 + GST each.
***Bear in mind we provide FREE installation quotes. Quotes for fault-finding or repairing will be charged***
Certificate of Compliance (CoC) vs. Electrical Safety Certificate (ESC)
Certificate of Compliance (CoC)
As part of being compliant with the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) and Worksafe, we issue a CoC for any new wiring work done on your property. This includes additional light fittings that require new wiring or fitting new power points.
CoC’s are not provided for the maintenance of electrical work. They essentially guarantee that work done by Grammar Electrical has been completed by a licensed electrician and meets safety standards.
Electrical Safety Certificate (ESC)
ESCs are provided for maintenance and replacement electrical work including any replacements of fixtures, fittings or appliance maintenance.
If you are considering any new or existing electrical work and are unsure of what you might need, just give us a bell.
When it comes to safety and reliability, with any electrician, you get what you pay. Often an experienced electrician can diagnose and solve your electrical issue in much less time and to a higher standard than when compared to a new contractor. An experienced electrician is much more likely to solve the problem on their first attempt and often ends up being cheaper.
We have 70 years working as electricians in Auckland, Hamilton and Whangarei. All of our staff are trained and registered master electricians with a reputation for efficient and high-quality work. You can count on our $10,000.00 workmanship guarantee from the Electricians Contractors Association of New Zealand.
What if we can’t solve your problem?
The Grammar team has access to our extended network of on-call technical experts to consult within the event that we need to troubleshoot more complex problems (eg: manufacturing automation, machinery installation etc). However in 99.6% of jobs our team are able to complete your electrical job immediately.