Cost of Hiring our Electricians
- Residential Electricians, our minimum charge is $150 (+ GST) including the first hour, then $85/hour (+ GST), plus materials
- Industrial Electricians, $79/hour labour + $35/hour vehicle & tools charge (+GST), plus materials
- Commercial Electricians, $79/hour labour + $35/hour vehicle & tools charge (+GST), plus materials
- Emergency 24/7 electricians, our minimum Emergency call-out charge is $385 (+ GST) (including the first three hours of work).
- Apprentice electricians, $65/hour labour (+ GST) are sent out during installation jobs to help as it makes the work much faster when they assist in pulling cables, helping with tools and testing. Please let us know if you do not want an apprentice to assist the electrician or if you receive an invoice and you are unhappy about this. Email us so we can look into this for you.
- Electrical Certificate of Compliances (COCs) & Electrical Safety Certificate (ESCs) are $35 + GST each.
***Bear in mind we provide FREE installation quotes. Quotes for fault-finding or repairing will be charged***
In order to keep things simple and easy we charge our travel out at our regular labour rate. There is a one-time fee for our vehicle charge per job no matter how many times we visit your site!
- Residential clients’ vehicle charge is included in the service call.
- Commercial and Industrial clients pay $35 per site visit for a vehicle Charge.
Because we operate on a zone system and do so many jobs each month we can ensure our electrician is going to finish up a job close to you so that you will not incur any excessive travel charges. If you have any problems please just sing out, and we can check our charges as all our vans have GPS in them.
Charges for Materials
We install only high-quality products as included in the price is an on-site warranty. We do charge a small mark-up on our materials to support our electricians and source materials sustainably. If we are selling many materials we will discount this back. If you want to be 100% sure on what the costs will be then please ask us for a free quote below.
The gear provided by big retailers is generally of a lower quality than the materials we provide. We also have a return to site warranty which includes labour for the replacement of any faulty gear.
We are human and can make the odd mistake when doing work or with pricing. At Grammar Electrical, we recommend you get a quote first so that you’re aware of how much your job will approximately cost. If you’ve got any concerns, get a free quote first. We can get our estimators to give you a price range in 24 hours without doing a site visit.
Certificate of Compliance (CoC) vs. Electrical Safety Certificate (ESC)
Certificate of Compliance (CoC)
As part of being compliant with the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) and Worksafe, we issue a CoC for any new wiring work done on your property. This includes additional light fittings that require new wiring or fitting new power points.
CoC’s are not provided for the maintenance of electrical work. They essentially guarantee that work done by Grammar Electrical has been completed by a licensed electrician and meets safety standards.
Electrical Safety Certificate (ESC)
ESCs are provided for maintenance and replacement electrical work including any replacements of fixtures, fittings or appliance maintenance.
If you are considering any new or existing electrical work and are unsure of what you might need, just give us a bell.
When it comes to safety and reliability, with an electrician, you get what you pay. Often an experienced electrician can diagnose and solve your electrical issue in much less time and to a higher standard than when compared to a new contractor. An experienced electrician is much more likely to solve the problem on their first attempt and often ends up being cheaper.
We have 70 years working as electricians in Auckland, Hamilton and Whangarei. All of our staff are trained and registered master electricians with a reputation for efficient and high-quality work. You can count on our $10,000.00 workmanship guarantee from the Electricians Contractors Association of New Zealand.
What if we can’t solve your problem?
The Grammar team has access to our extended network of on-call technical experts to consult within the event that we need to troubleshoot more complex problems (eg: manufacturing automation, machinery installation etc). However in 99.6% of jobs our team are able to complete your electrical job immediately.