A well run family business. Great to deal with.
Program Summary | Apply Online
The Grammar Electrical™ Gateway Program is a 2-day or 5-day apprenticeship for students aged 14-18 years to get practical experience of what it’s like to work as an electrician.
Students will ride along with an experienced electrician as they work on-site to solve different types of electrical problems around Auckland City. Students will learn first hand about the practical problem-solving skills that they’ll need if they want to become an electrical expert.
Key points for Students:
- See the day to day as an electrician in Auckland and if it’s the career for you.
- Explore around the city and work with your hands to solving different types of electrical problems.
- See the practical use of your math, science and people skills.
Understand questions like:
- What do electricians do?
- What is the career path as an electrician like?
- What different types of electrical jobs are there?
- What are the steps to go from apprentice to a fully certified electrician?
Program details – Parents and Schools
- Give students an early introduction into work and a bright career to work towards.
- Give students an opportunity to see the application of math and science.
- Facilitate study and career paths outside of the university.
- Show students inside different industries.
Students begin with a simple 2-day program and have the opportunity to extend to an additional 5-day program.
Students who get the most from the Gateway Program are typically practical and good with people. They want to explore career pathways outside of university study. They don’t see themselves working in an office job and like solving problems.
About the company
Graham Edwards – Head Of Faculty – Auckland Grammar School:
“As a careers advisor, it is my role to help guide young men into the workforce and provide them with opportunities where they can discover a suitable vocation fitting their qualities and interests.
For more than a decade now, Grammar Electrical™ has been an integral part of the success of our Student Pathways programme concerning the Electrical Trades. From meeting our time-sensitive need for boys to trail their career thoughts, to groups of students wanting extended experience in the electrical industry, Grammar Electrical™ has always said yes and prepared to make it happen. I can’t speak highly enough of their assistance to Auckland Grammar School and the confident and organised environment they provide our young men. This is critical as they experience first-hand what is it like to be in the trades.
I believe that undertaking an electrical apprenticeship is an excellent option for any student entering the workforce as some of our students research their career pathway between University and the Trades”
Email us at email@example.com if you want to more information on applying or how to get your school involved.